Happy World Peace Day 2021, International Day of Peace 2021, World Peace Day Wishes, Quotes, Status, Picture, Text, Sayings & Greetings! According to Special Source, World Peace Day is observed every year on September 21 in the United States. It is a United Nations designated day. The theme for the International Day of Peace this year is “Shaping Peace Together.”
When is World Peace Day 2021?
This year, The International Day of Peace, sometimes officially known as World Peace Day, is a United Nations-sanctioned holiday observed annually on 21 September in the World.
World Peace Day Quotes 2021
- “The one condition for fighting for peace and liberty is to acquire self-restraint…”
- “Peace will not come out of a clash of arms but out of justice lived and done by unarmed nations in the face of odds…”
- “Without prayer, there is no inward peace…”
- “Poverty is the worst form of violence…
- “There is no path to peace, peace is the path…”
- “Intolerance is itself a form of violence and an obstacle to the growth of a true democratic spirit…”
- “Indeed a civilian resister offers resistance only when peace becomes impossible…”
- “Not to believe in the possibility of permanent peace is to disbelieve in the Godliness of human nature…”
- “An India awakened and free has a message of peace and goodwill for a groaning world…”
- “If we wish to create a lasting peace we must begin with the children….”
International Day of Peace History
It is a United Nations designated day, established in 1981. In 2001, the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) voted to call for “non-violence and cease-fire” on world peace day. The UN encourages countries to observe the day by adhering to “24 hours of non-violence”.
World Peace Day 2021 – Being the country of Mahatma Gandhi, India has a huge legacy of contributing to world peace. In a world troubled with conflict, a day dedicated to peace reminds us of Mahatma Gandhi’s philosophy of Ahimsa or non-violence. International Day of Peace is observed every year on September 21.